Top of page
- ┼dlandsek, B., S.H. Coombs, G. Temple. In press. Buoyancy and verticial
distribution of eggs and larvae of blue whiting (Micromesistius
poutassou): observations and modelling. Fish. Res.
- Checkley, D.M., Jr., R.C. Dotson, and D.A. Griffith. 2000. Continuous,
underway sampling of eggs of Pacific sardine (Sardinops sagax)
and northern anchovy (Engraulis mordax ) in spring 1996 and
1997 off southern and central California . Deep-Sea Res. 47:1139-1155.
- Checkley, D.M., Jr., J.R. Hunter, L. Motos, and C.D. van der Lingen
(eds.). 2000. Report of a workshop on the use of the Continuous Underway
Fish Egg Sampler (CUFES) for mapping spawning habitats of pelagic
fish. GLOBEC Report 14, 1-65 pp. (and references therein)
- Checkley, D.M., Jr., P.B. Ortner, L.R. Settle, and S.R. Cummings.
1997. A continuous, underway fish egg sampler. Fish. Oceanogr. 6:58-73.
- Checkley, D.M., Jr., P.B. Ortner, F.E. Werner, L.R. Settle, and
S.R. Cummings. 1999. Spawning habitat of the Atlantic menhaden in
Onslow Bay, North Carolina. Fish. Oceanogr. 8: Suppl. 2: 22-36.
- Checkley, D.M., Jr., L. Motos, A. Uriarte, M. Santos, M. Trivedi,
and S. Iwamoto. 1999. Continuous, underway sampling of pelagic fish
eggs and the environment: the Bay of Biscay anchovy and machine vision
research. ICES CM 1999.M:05, 15 p.
- Hill, K., T.M. Yarmeko, L.D. Jacobson, N.C.H. Lo, and D.A.
Hannan. 1998. Stock assessment and management recommendations for
Pacific sardine (Sardinops sagax) in 1997. Cal. Dept. Fish.
Game Admin. Rep. 98-5.
- Hunter, J. 1999. Climate Varibility and Spawning Habitat: A progress
Report from SPACC Working Group 8. Globec International Newsletter,
5(2):8-11. (October 1999)
- Hunter, J.R. and J. Alheit (editors). 1997. International GLOBEC
Small Pelagic Fishes and Climate Change Program. Implementation Plan.
GLOBEC Report 11, 1-36 pp.
- Hunter, J.R., and N.C.H. Lo. 1997. The daily egg production method
of biomass estimation: some problems and potential improvements. Ozeanografika
- Iwamoto, S., M.M. Trivedi, and D.M. Checkley, Jr. 1998. Real-time
detection and classification of objects in flowing water. SPIE 3251:214-220.
- Van der Lingen, C.D., D.M. Checkley, Jr., M. Barange, L. Hutchings,
and K. Osgood. 1998. Assessing the abundance and distribution of eggs
of sardine, Sardinops sagax, and round herring, Etrumeus
whiteheadi , on the western Agulhas Bank, South Africa, using
a continuous, underway fish egg sampler. Fish. Oceanogr., 7:35-47.
- Watson, W., R.L. Charter, H.G. Moser, R.D. Vetter, D.A. Ambrose,
S.R. Charter, L.L. Robertson, E.M. Sandknop, E.A. Lynn, and J. Stannard.
1999. Fine-scale distributions of planktonic fish eggs in the vicinities
of Big Sycamore Canyon and Vandenberg Ecological Reserves, and Anacapa
and San Miguel Islands, California. CalCOFI Rep. 40:128-153.
- Pepin, P., P.V.R. Snelgrove and K.P. Carter (In press) Accuracy
precision of the continuous underway fish egg sampler (CUFES) and
nets: a comparison of three species of temperate fish. Fisheries
- Lo, N.C.H., J.R. Hunter, and R. Charter. 2001. Use of a continuous
egg sampler for ichthyoplankton surveys: application to the estimation
of daily egg production of Pacific sardine (Sardinops sagax)
off California. Fish. Bull., U.S., 99:554-571.